Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Coco Chanel once said, "I don't do fashion. I am fashion." In spirit of the New Year and the many resolutions that come with it, this year let's be fashion. Small details are what make an outfit go from okay to a work of art. Lately, I've had brooches and socks on the mind.

brooches

So first of watch this VIDEO.
I sort of think I love brooches. They're very grandma-chic. I want to pin them all over a blazer school girl style. I want to bedazzle the shoulders of my coat with them. I want to hang a cork board above my desk and decorate it with these precious baubles a la Massie Block from the Clique. (sorry that I just made a Clique reference)

SOCKS:
I want it all: knee socks paired with oxfords and ballet flats, dainty crew socks with heels, and tall socks tucked into ankle boots. I'm a little confused on the rules about when you have to wear tights and when you can wear tights and socks together, but eh who cares? Lucky for us socks and tights are no longer a fashion faux pas; anyone can pull them off now, not just Blair Waldorf.







So I'm off to purchase (or steal from my grandma's closet) brooches and socks. My resolution, besides becoming a Victoria Secret Angel (duh), is to be more open and curious about life. I want to meet and get to know people everywhere: the grocery store, the park, Starbucks. I don't want to look up one day and realize I've already missed everything and everyone.

What are your fashion New Year's Resolutions? 

No comments: